Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I’m Brittany Strummer and I’ll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here’s what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- The producers of the shelved Screeching Weasel documentary responded to Ben Weasels’s accusations of why the documentary was originally shelved.
- Metallica, the last group you would expect to hand out free downloadable music, is offering free downloadable mp3s of their live performances.
- Green Day released their latest record, ¡Uno!, for streaming. .
- The track listing for Punk Goes Pop 5 was announced.
- Frank Turner performed “I Still Believe” from 2011’s England Keep My Bones on the late night talk show, Conan.
- A six song demo from the the beginning of Rites of Spring’s career will be released in October.
- Milo Aukerman and Bill Stevenson of The Descendents joined Rise Against on stage at Riot Fest Chicago to play the Black Flag classic, “Jealous Again”.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we’ll see you Monday morning.
via Punknews.org (http://pnkn.ws/QxyYJz)