Smoking Popes will be reissuing their fan favorite 1994 full length, Born to Quit on October 23, 2012. The album has passed through two labels before - Johann’s Face Records and major label Capitol Records - and will now be issued via Side One Dummy Records.
The new release will be remastered and features new artwork, as well as liner notes from Matt Skiba of Alkaline Trio, Joe Shanahan from The Metro, comedian Kyle Kinane as well as a track-by-track analysis by Popes’ frontman Josh Caterer and two bonus tracks (Willie Nelson cover “Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground” and the previously unreleased duet “Blanket In The Park”). The release will be issued on vinyl as well as CD and digital.
The band is also celebrating the reissue by hitting the road this fall for a tour featuring the album in its entirety, as well as a set of other songs from the band’s catalog.
via Punknews.org (http://pnkn.ws/Q5GL1z)
- freepunkrock likes this
- phantommothers likes this
- paulytamale likes this
- annagoldfarb likes this
- chaffe likes this
- shmemson likes this
- sanscoast reblogged this from kylekinane
- ghostthedagger likes this
- therossi reblogged this from kylekinane and added:
- boyflan likes this
- andredaniel likes this
- werewolf199t-awoooooooo likes this
- humanpollution likes this
- kylekinane reblogged this from punknews and added:
- trevorface reblogged this from punknews and added:
- trevorface likes this
- punknews posted this