Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I’m Brittany Strummer and I’ll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here’s what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- We teamed up with AbsoluteVoices.
- Propagandhi streamed their highly anticipated record , Failed States , in its entirety.
- Dethklok released a new song from their upcoming album, Metalocalypse: Dethklok Dethalbum III .
- Simpsons inspired act, Milhouse, released their new EP, Thrillhouse .
- Descendents announced they are slowly but surely writing new material.
- After a 5 year run, Philadelphia, PA’s Algernon Cadwallader, decided to call it a day.
- Green Day performed yet another new song from their upcoming record, ¡Uno! , at the Reading Festival.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we’ll see you Monday morning.
via Punknews.org (http://pnkn.ws/QdRMzG)