Hello everyone and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back in the week in Punknews. I’m Brittany Strummer and I’ll be your guide through some of the juiciest, most popular and otherwise noteworthy stories from the last seven days. Remember, every Punknews story is built from tips from our wonderful, good-looking readers, so get to submitting. Here’s what got the strange, slow and old community talking this week:
- We showed you an exclusive preview of Propagandhi’s upcoming record on Epitaph Records and they released a new song from the release.
- The Gaslight Anthem streamed their new record, Handwritten , in its entirety.
- NOFX announced details for their upcoming release, Self Entitled .
- A Wilhelm Scream posted a brief update of their progress from recording their new album at The Blasting Room in Fort Collins, CO.
- We sat down and had a chat with singer/songwriter, Allison Weiss.
- Bomb the Music Industry! announced they will be heading out on tour next month.
- Refused made their national television debut on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
With that, we hand over this Sunday evening to the Punknews community, where anything is possible, from the next amusing-then-overwrought meme, to the creation of bands and message boards, to alienating sports chatter. So talk amongst yourselves, spin some tracks in the Navel Gazing turntable.fm room and we’ll see you Monday morning.
via Punknews.org (http://pnkn.ws/O9ufip)